Exis Technologies, the leading supplier of computerized systems for the management of dangerous goods in sea transport, launched a series of IMDG Code e-learning courses. The new range of role-related functional courses on Amendment 37-14 IMDG Code training delivers content that is more focused on industry requirements, and a new multi-modal general awareness course.
Exis Technologies developed IMDG Code e-learning in collaboration with the International Maritime Organization to meet the training requirement. The online IMDG Code training courses have been opted by 12 of the top 20 container lines, and have been taken by thousands of staff worldwide in the sea transport business.
IMDG Code Standard – training for general shipping personnel such as booking office staff, administrators, customer support and office personnel who require a sound working knowledge of the IMDG Code and dangerous goods shipping requirements.
As read in the press release, the course tracks included are:
- Dangerous Goods Transport General Awareness course
- IMDG Code Consignor/Freight Forwarder – training for personnel with a management, supervisory and/or safety/compliance role for a company involved in dangerous goods consignment operations e.g. shipper or freight forwarder
- IMDG Code Packer/Cargo Handler – training for those who pack dangerous goods and/or are involved in loading/unloading cargo transport units
- IMDG Code Ship Loader – training for personnel responsible for and/or directly involved in ship loading/unloading operations
- IMDG Code Ship Operator – training for personnel responsible for and/or involved with managing the operations of a vessel carrying dangerous goods
About Exis Technologies:
Exis Technologies Limited is the leading supplier of computerised systems for the management of dangerous goods in sea transport, supporting major shipping lines, distributors and warehouse operators, ports and terminals, government and regulatory organisations worldwide. Exis supplies a complete range of products backed by technical support and consulting services.
Exis head office is located in Darlington, UK for development, sales, support and administration. We also have a regional office and data centre (AIMES) in Liverpool.